St. John Primary (SJP) and St. Theresa Middle (STA) provide an atmosphere for intellectual and spiritual growth, while promoting learning as a life-long process. The school endorses a curriculum that exposes students to various disciplines, encourages academic excellence, and prepares the student to develop leadership roles. Our faculty and staff are committed to the religious and academic education of each child to his or her full potential. We work in partnership with parents, the primary educators of their child, to guide each child through instruction that promotes acceptance, tolerance, love, individuality, inquiry and success. SJP and STA do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin.
- Students score higher than average at the local, state, and national levels on standardized tests.
- 8th graders score well above the national average on ACRE (Assessment of Catechesis of Religious Education).
- 7th grade students perform well in the Duke Talent Identification program every year.
- Our graduates continue to achieve success in their high school classes receiving honor roll awards and top class rankings.
- Students are provided many interactive hands-on learning experiences: collaborative learning work-groups, math games, science experiments, literacy centers, guest speakers, virtual field trips, youth legislature, and creative project presentations.
In terms of academics, St. Theresa provided me with an impeccable foundation - one that unquestionably prepared me for the demands of the high school classroom. I do not feel that any school could have provided me with a better background. Beyond classroom lessons, though, the school further taught me the firm commitment to service and provided me with a great understanding of and connection to my faith. I would not be the same person today without the support and guidance of this community.
Caitlin Ballotta, Valedictorian 2010 | Harvard University Student
St. Theresa has given me the tools that I need to propel myself forward in life. The most important things that I received at St. Theresa were a quality education, a strong spiritual foundation, and good moral values. St. Theresa has made my transition to high school easier. I have the skills to be successful inside and outside of the classroom. At school, students are encouraged to do their best to succeed. The staff wants every child to reach his or her full potential. St. Theresa is not just a school, it is a family. I am very thankful that I was lucky enough to attend St. Theresa.
Ana Britton, Alumni