St. John Primary/St. Theresa Middle
Officially, we are the East Ascension/East Iberville Regional Catholic School Partnership (EA/EI). Our partnership consists of nine Catholic Church Parishes, seven priests, two campuses, yet we are one school and a member of the Baton Rouge Catholic Diocese.
It all began on September 8th, 1959 when 276 children attended their first day at St. Theresa of Avila School, housing first through fourth grades. At that time, Sister Bonnaventure of the Sisters of the Most Holy Sacrament, described as a fireball of energy, was instrumental in acquiring a team of certified teachers and the first principal, Sister Maria Immaculata.
St. Theresa of Avila School has seen many changes and growth through the years, such as the addition of a library (1981), a gym (1991), and a Science and Computer Lab (2000). Due to the population growth in Ascension Parish and the growing demand for Catholic education, the East Ascension/East Iberville Regional Catholic School Partnership was formed in 2003. The partnership accomplished a major achievement, allowing St. Theresa of Avila School to expand enrollment, with the transfer of classes to the St. John the Evangelist campus. At that time, St. Theresa Early Learning Center was established, which later became St. John Primary.
The East Ascension/East Iberville Regional Catholic School Partnership comprises two campuses. The St. John Primary campus houses grades Pre-Kindergarten through third grade while the St. Theresa Middle campus houses grades fourth through eighth.