SJP/STA Home and School Association is a service and support organization that has been around for many years. It originally started as the Warriors Club, which was in charge of class parties. It has slowly evolved to become an integral part in organizing, planning, and staffing many events throughout the school year. You are the Home and School Association and without the help of all families, we cannot function!
Volunteers are Special People
St. John and St. Theresa schools are truly blessed with many wonderful volunteers who generously give their time and talents to support our school. Volunteer parents complement and support the students, staff and faculty of St. John and St. Theresa in fulfilling the goals of Catholic education. While being a school volunteer is a reward in itself, it also demonstrates to our children the value and importance we place on their education and spiritual growth.
*Volunteer sign-up goes home with the students at the beginning of the school year.
Visit the Office of Child and Youth Protection. “It is the mission of the Office of Child and Youth Protection to support diocesan parishes and schools in creating safe environments for the children entrusted to our care.”
All who have the potential to be alone with a child are mandated by the Diocese of Baton Rouge to complete the four requirements listed below before volunteering. Please complete and return #2, 3, and 4 to the school office. Your background check (#1) will be sent to the school directly by the State Police.
1. LA State Police Background Check with Fingerprints
- Background checks and fingerprinting can only be completed at the LA State Police Headquarters at 7919 Independence Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA. Their hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30
- Complete the two‐page Louisiana State Police application provided by the school (available in RenWeb under “Resource Documents” – entitled “VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS”) and bring this completed application with you to the headquarters.
- Provide two separate payments, made payable to DEPT of PUBLIC SAFETY: one for $26 (background check) and one for $10 (fingerprints). This payment may be made by money order, debit or credit card. Personal Checks or CASH are not accepted!
*Bring completed application, along with both forms of payments, with you!*
2. EAPPS Application
- All information must be completed, including complete mailing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and references. The application will not process without all required information.
- Print out and complete all three pages of the application at: www.diobr.org – EAPPS Volunteer Application
3. Safe and Sacred Online Test
- Online training can be completed by following the instructions at: www.diobr.org – Safe and Sacred Online Training Center
- Create new account
- Complete New Training “Recognizing Child Abuse”
- Your successful online test score will produce a certificate that must be sent to school. You can either submit a copy of the certificate or email the certificate to Kim Lacinak at: kimlacinak@sjp‐sta.org
- The online test may lead you into step #4 (Code of Ethics). If not, follow the directions below.
4. Code of Ethics
- Print, sign, date, and return the Code of Ethics Acknowledgement Form (found at the end of the document) acknowledging that you have read the Code of Ethics and Behavior booklet.
- The booklet can be accessed at: www.diobr.org – Code of Ethics
Thank you for volunteering! Volunteers are invaluable to our school! Please contact Kim Lacinak, with any questions.