The Before and After School Care Program aims to provide a service to working parents while offering our school students a comfortable and familiar environment for doing homework*, having a snack, socializing, relaxing and playing until their working parents arrive. It also provides increased opportunities for children to participate in extra-curricular activities. There are different rates for those attending extra-curricular activities and those going to After Care. Students are provided with snacks and drinks.
- 6:45 AM – 7:15 AM
- Available at both campuses with breakfast served at St. Theresa campus
- 2:40 PM – 6:00 PM
- Available for students on both campuses. After Care is located at the St. Theresa campus; St. John Primary students attending After Care ride the shuttle bus to St. Theresa after school
Special arrangements for drop-ins are available upon request. Prior to sending a student to After Care, registration paperwork and fees should be completed/turned in and a status confirmation received from After Care program.
- $2.00 per day per student (or free with full-time After Care)
- Full-time – $120 per month per student (direct debit)
- $20.00 per student
- Special rates for participants in sports, choir, band, and clubs
It is the policy of the school that any child not picked up from the St. Theresa Middle campus by 3:05 p.m. will be sent to After Care and the first time fee will be imposed, if applicable. Students not picked from the St. John Primary campus by 3:05 p.m. will be sent to the office and a parent will be called. A $25 late charge will be collected for a second incident of late pick-up.
For additional details, please refer to the Before/After Care Program.
For more information, please contact the After Care Director at (225) 647-2803 or email Edith (Duke) Soulier.
*Homework is not done with Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten students